Thursday, March 24, 2011

Van Persie: Barca should stop nagging


Arsenal striker Robin van Persie claims he was disappointed by the constant 'complaining' of the Barcelona players when the two sides met in the Champions League.

Van Persie was sent off for kicking the ball away after an offside decision having earlier been booked for a scuffle with Dani Alves, and the Dutchman also caused tempers to flare with a tackle on Lionel Messi that saw Barcelona defender Eric Abidal grab him by the throat.

Arsenal lost the game 3-1 to crash out of the competition on aggregate and now Van Persie claims he was annoyed by the overall behaviour of the Catalan giants' players, likening them to Chelsea in England.

"I really didn't understand all the fuss about the foul I committed on [Lionel] Messi. Everybody got angry with me, but I didn't treat him any different than I treat other opponents. Nobody would have complained about it if I fouled Mascherano," Van Persie told De Telegraaf.

"Meanwhile, the Barcelona players tend to nag about everything that happens on the pitch. I was a bit disappointed with that. It's something that the Chelsea players do in England.

"Barcelona are still a fantastic team, but they should really stop nagging and complaining that much. That is becoming extremely annoying on the pitch."

No comments:

Post a Comment